1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have Brown Egg Layers!!!!!But I got 2 white eggs!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickenmomva, Jun 22, 2007.

1. chickenmomva

chickenmomva Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2007
    Northern Neck,VA
    I have Red Stars , Barred Rocks and Rhode Island Reds and some Sex links they all lay Brown eggs or are supposed too.........we have been 1 white egg a day.......it is not pure white but it is like a real pink white definately not brown.........

what would be causing this???????

we solved the rubbery egg problem now we have this !!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. justusnak

justusnak Flock Mistress

"brown" eggs tend to come in a variety of shades. From a rich dark brown...to a pinkish tan. I have Golden comet hens, and a few RIR/mix hens. I get several different color variations of " browns"

3. crazy4daisy

crazy4daisy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Central Missouri
    Yup - they can come in brown, dark red-brown, light pink (almost white), etc.

4. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I have Red Stars. In the beginning their eggs were rosy beige and soft. Then I'd get a light brown, then dark brown. This would happen til they got it together and now it's a dark rich brown.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by