I have cancer

so sorry to hear your news but glad they caught it now. have you gone for a second and third opinion? We always suggest getting a few opinions from different doctors. My husband was told he had it, PSA was 4.? , I don't remember exactly. DH had the procedure, is fine now but still has problems caused by the surgery...something to ask your doctor about and something to know that lots of men deal with after this surgery. DH was told he could live a very long time just watching it and doing nothing but the original doctor pushed for surgery so DH had it and now sometimes wishes he had not. Go with your gut feeling and/or lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways lean on God and let him lead you. Whatever you decide, I'm praying for you and waiting to hear good news. Peace to you, Ed.

Ed, just checking on to send you compassionate energy and encouragement. May the treatment plan you and your doctor choose to go with leave you feeling really good about your plans and your brighter future. You are not alone.
hugs.gif
I'm continuing to send good thoughts and wishing you wellness!

Last edited:
I feel for you, my husband has been fighting colon cancer for over four years now, since the same month our first son was born. It has progressed from stage 3 to stage 4 but we keep the faith, if you ever need someone to chat with about treatments just let me know, we have seen so many!

Ed, just checking on to send you compassionate energy and encouragement. May the treatment plan you and your doctor choose to go with leave you feeling really good about your plans and your brighter future. You are not alone.
hugs.gif
I'm continuing to send good thoughts and wishing you wellness!

hugs.gif

Long time, no see, Ed!!!

How are you feeling today? I hope you are feeling just fine and looking forward in continuing with your mate and chickens!

I had surgery for my cancer 3 years ago (May 10) Afterwards I was told I was Stage 3C. After much research & a CT scan I opted not to do chemo or radiation. I've been fine for 3 years. That was the right decision for me, every cancer & every cancer patient is different. I pray for you & the doctors performing your surgery that your outcome will be positive.

Thanks everyone. My surgery went well. I came home the next day, doing fine. No pain what so ever. Pretty shocked there is no pain. I do have a lot of gas pressure thou. I have to wear a catheter which has its moments. The little leg bag don't amount to much and the over night bag is leaking so I keep it in a small trash can. The last day or so Ive been really light headed and dizzy. Been testing my sugar and its been fine so not sure why all the dizzyiness. Its about my nap time. I'll keep you all posted. Thanks everyone for all the prayers, kind words and thoughts.

We just don't bounce back like we once did. It takes some people longer to recover from the effects of the anesthesia. This may be what you are experiencing. Sounds as if you are handling the 'indignities' well, and glad that you are having no pain.

Back
Top Bottom