I have chicks hatching this Friday 3-8 anyone else?

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA

These black chicks are what my chicks will look like. they were born 2/20. Dad Coco maran and the moms were all kinds, each egg is a diff color, and I got them from my friend's fridge.

Hi I am a newbie to incubating, and I have 22 eggs ( Jersey giants & SLW) in the bator due to hatch on 3/9. My kids are getting impatient, I'm gettiong excited.they'll be here by weeks end. Good Luck

I have a small incubator I made 8-9'' with a 15w bulb, today is day 18, but I am calling it day 17 because I put in eggs late in the day 18 days ago. I candled my eggs, 3 looked normal 3 were alive but being larger eggs they had more fluid in them then I would like, so I built another incubator, exactly the same, and am going to separate the hatches so the eggs with fluid say dryer, and I will lock down the others tomorrow.

good luck to you! Just to note on my pics. the bowl you see is not for water, it is to hold the lamp for fire safety.

Hi There!
I have 18 Khaki Cambell duck eggs due to hatch on Friday. They had been rocking since the 2 though so I decided that I had better up the humidity just in case they tried to hatch early. I decided to lock down today as well, and tonight I went down to peek at them and I hear a cheeping coming from the incubator. I am so so excited as I failed miserably last year after two attempts at trying to hatch some duck eggs.
I will keep you posted with the results :eek:)

I don't like to give chicken eggs too much water but I hear duck eggs need it. I have a cayuga male duck and a rouen/call mix female, she is laying eggs and I am saving them.

Great job on the incubator!

I have chicks hatching Thursday or so, but they are under a mama hen. I am curious to see what they turn out to be, I have a White Rock roo and lots of different hens so I have no idea what they will turn out to be. Should be fun!

Back
Top Bottom