I have chicks hatching this Friday 3-8 anyone else?

So were neighbors!

I have one hatched, didn't waste any time. And I have 2 pipped. Still hearing a lot of peeping besides the one that hatched.

Mine are on day 20 but put them in at noon time so I count it as 20 1/2 days. They always start early.

Where did you get your eggs Ladeefire? I have been wanting to add a flock of EE's or Americaunas for egg production. Silkies don't supply enough.

Hope yours hatch out okay.

This is day 20 for us too and still only one out, one dead, and one pipped. I set 14 so boo. I got them from my pet chicken. I know shipped eggs don't do as well but I am hoping for at least a 50% hatch. I also put 2 ee x Jg cross in there from my flock. I am pretty nervous right now that I will have only one. It's still in the bator...

Well, today is Thursday and so far we have three baby ducks and more are externally pipped. This is so amazing as last year I failed two attempts.
The three newly hatched ducks are playing soccer with the other eggs though. I guess this is okay ??

One of my BO girls went super broody so I parked about a dozen EE's, a couple of hers and BAs with a BA roo. About a 3 day spread on the eggs as laid. She's been parked real tight through all this miserable freezing cold wet weather we've had in a somewhat open coop. Hand fed on the nest 2-3X's a day and sometimes watered too = spoiled rotten. Went to do night feed and there was this lil peep peep....so the first one has hatched!

I have 2 hatched and one zipping and 3 other pips. The first one is a buff with vaulted skull and really nice beard. Not sure on the second one it's still wet. I just might be keepin a couple.
smile.png

I'm so excited to announce : I get to join you ladies, I went to check on my incubator and it was peeping. Then when my daughter came home went to show her and 2 eggs were pipped. This is my first time hatching (sorry) so excited. I know it will still be a while though.
pop.gif
Trying to wait patiently.

Back
Top Bottom