I have chicks hatching this Friday 3-8 anyone else?

I love listening to the peeping!
love.gif

4 out, 1 pipped. I moved the chicks to the brooder since one of them had been in there for 28 hours or so. I have one pipped. I didn't lose any humidity in fact, it's still quite high at 73%. I also took the dead one out. All 4 are Easter eggers, one blue americauna is pipped. Maybe today will be BAM day? I leave for an over night trip to NYC tomorrow so I will leave the eggs in there under my husbands watchful eye until Sunday night when I get home which will be 23 days. Hoping they'll be done by then! 4 is better than 1! With my luck they'll all be roosters lol.

That's great!! I'm sending good vibes for them to hatch!

I have 10 babies hatched this morning. 10 to go. Then next weekend I have 16 more. I'm doing a staggered hatch and will let all the humidity out after these guys and keep it a little lower for the next group. I've kept it lower this time also, not above 60 most of the time and they are hatching out with no problems. We'll see how it goes. Gotta get that homemade incubator made.
smile.png

I will post some pics later today.

Good luck everyone!

Way to go everyone!!

I have a new baby! This one hatched really quickly. My other pipped egg hasn't made much progress yet. I think I still hear peeping? I can't see much of a beak moving inside the shell since the new chick moved the eggs around, I can't see as well.

fl.gif

I have 10 babies hatched this morning. 10 to go. Then next weekend I have 16 more. I'm doing a staggered hatch and will let all the humidity out after these guys and keep it a little lower for the next group. I've kept it lower this time also, not above 60 most of the time and they are hatching out with no problems. We'll see how it goes. Gotta get that homemade incubator made.
smile.png

I will post some pics later today.

Good luck everyone!

WOW nice!! congrats!!

peeping eggs!
they are exited to hear the feed store chicks!

I put the hatch box near by. and when I held an egg this morning it peeped. so I put it into the chick box and it really started to peep more, as the store chicks listened.

My hatch cam is now LIVE for anyone interested. Two pips so far ^_^ It's the end of day 20/18!

The link is in my signature
jumpy.gif

My first chick is out and running around, but the other egg that pipped is just not making any progress? She was pipped early this morning. I can still see her beak and she's moving, but come on already, I'm impatient!!

Back
Top Bottom