I have coturnix Quail and one is bleeding. Plz help

dave812

In the Brooder
Mar 29, 2017
I have my Quail on wire and it is pretty clean so I don't think he cut foot on hard crap. The pads on both feet right where they all connect to leg at. They r torn there and look like it is puffed up but I looked at rest of them and they all seam to have a big pad on there feet at that spot. Idk what to think is it bumble foot if that's the right word. And what should I do.

First I would cover all of the wire with a piece of cardboard/board/whatever and try to convert them to soft bedding, at least until the feet have all healed so they don't get further damaged.

So you're saying the other quail without torn feet have a big puffy pad? If it's red and swollen with maybe a black spot on it, it could be bumblefoot just not as advanced.

Could you get some pictures of the torn quail and a "normal" quails puffy foot pad? Will probably need two people to get clear pics of it :p

if it's bumblefoot, I've recently read of success with chickens using a fish antibiotic called Tricide Neo that they soak their foot in for a few minutes every few days along with bandaging etc. sometimes. :eek:!

Back
Top Bottom