I Have Created a Monster!!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by RMorrow, Feb 12, 2015.

1. RMorrow

RMorrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2014
    Kearney, MO
    I grew up with chickens but my wife was always resistant to the idea of getting any. Once the kids got old enough to help, she finally gave in. We started off with a few barred plymouths and a few bantum cochins, which SHE fell in love with. Now we also have some polish and a couple of guineas running around. But the story doesn't stop there. Now I have to build two more coops because she ordered 45 new birds and she wants to be able to keep HER bantum breeds separate! It is fun to see her get so excited but it does mean more work for me.

2. Honey B

Honey B Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2015
    Georgia
    Count yourself lucky! It is great to be able to share your interest with your significant other. My husband is coming around slowly...

3. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    :lol:

4. Nupe

Nupe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2014
    Georgia
    Another victim of chicken math.

[​IMG]

5. Urban Flock

Urban Flock Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Southern Oregon
    That's.great. My husband was not very interested until one of our first ones a barred rock chick decided he was her favorite. Every time he got close she would fly to him roost on any place she could. Melted his cold chicken heart. Well the rest is history. Enjoy your big flock!

6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] That's funny, that'll show you! [​IMG] Enjoy all your birds! Most of us here are like that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by