I Have Fluffy Butts!!!!!

scoopy82

Songster
9 Years
Dec 19, 2010
Victoria - Australia!
I am over the moon
wee.gif
- thursday night I went into lock down and then last night (officially day 19) one of the eggs pipped. This morning I got up and nothing had changed, went to work, got home at lunch time and only a tiny bit of progress, just a bit more shell had cracked. Saw the neighbor over the fence so brought her over for a look, and then spent 20 minutes chatting with her outside. Came back inside and the little thing had zipped and was half way to out! Another 20 minutes and I had a healthy little fluffy butt resting, but could hear more cheeping and then low and behold noticed a nother completely hatched baby in the back corner! Within the last hour another 2 had hatched and most of the other eggs have pips in them! I am so totally chuffed, my first go has been a success regarding being able to hatch a live chick! the other 3 and any more will be wonderful bonuses. Without realising it I dry incubated as my first digital hygrometer was miles off, I've now chucked it in the bin! I bought a garanteed accurate hygrometer in the nick of time - arrived the day before lock down, and found my humidity was 20%. I hadn't added water at all as the useless one was reading 50%, so added water for lock down and got it to 65%. Its climbed a bit as the chicks have hatched but I just opened the vent and its sitting on 70%. Everyone has hatched easily, and are drying nicely, and to be honest I am amazed at how well everything has gone so far
ya.gif
I just wanna send a huge thankyou to everyone here for answering my questions and giving reassurance, I couldn't have done it without all the wonderful information provided. I will post some photo's just as soon as I can
smile.png

jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Pics as promised - I'm up to 14 fully hatched!!!
ya.gif

74138_chicks1.jpg

74138_chicks2.jpg

74138_chicks4.jpg

Not sure whats happening but they are suppose to all be Isa Browns and two little black ones have hatched?? Not to worry, they are welcome anyway!

Back
Top Bottom