I have gone chicken crazy!

gig.gif
... sorry,, but it only gets worse from here heh ;)

You know it's bad when you dream about walking by the incubator, in the dream, I had chicks hatching out at fourteen days, as well as a lizard (must watch too many geico commercials) weird, so I have to get up at 2:30 in the morning and look ... They are all nice and snug

Oh lord is this what i have to look forward too??? LOL Well i bought the hygrometer/thermometers the cheap one and the digital one so i will compare them to see if they match and go from there. I am receiving my delivery of chicks that i ordered tomorrow or Saturday so excited to receive them from e-fowl. SO as it sits now i will have the following as far as my flock.

5 RIR pullets chicks
5 Blk Jersey Giant pullets chicks
5 Assorted heavy breed chicks ( For Eating)
6 blk copper maran eggs to hatch
6 Amerucana eggs to hatch
5 Cornish X meaties (For eating)
4 Chinese white geese 2 adults mated pair and 2 babies
2 peking ducks chicks

So i am going to be a busy girl with these babies so have i lost my marble chicken wise or what??? See what i mean i have gone crazy
idunno.gif

Yes it is great to know i am not alone!
wee.gif
My husband is even on board which is really strange but i am not complaining lol He even called me earlier this morning and he is renting an escavator to dig me a pond in the front pasture for the geese and ducks go figure i think he is just excited about the eggs.
woot.gif

Yes it is great to know i am not alone!
wee.gif
My husband is even on board which is really strange but i am not complaining lol He even called me earlier this morning and he is renting an escavator to dig me a pond in the front pasture for the geese and ducks go figure i think he is just excited about the eggs.
woot.gif

I can't even imagine how many years of begging and whineing I would have to do to get my husband to make a pond haha. It's so many I haven't bothered with ducks, I don't want them unless I can give them a pond.

Oh lord is this what i have to look forward too??? LOL Well i bought the hygrometer/thermometers the cheap one and the digital one so i will compare them to see if they match and go from there. I am receiving my delivery of chicks that i ordered tomorrow or Saturday so excited to receive them from e-fowl. SO as it sits now i will have the following as far as my flock.

5 RIR pullets chicks
5 Blk Jersey Giant pullets chicks
5 Assorted heavy breed chicks ( For Eating)
6 blk copper maran eggs to hatch
6 Amerucana eggs to hatch
5 Cornish X meaties (For eating)
4 Chinese white geese 2 adults mated pair and 2 babies

And I thought I had alot of chickens!! 3 RIR, 3 barred rocks, 2 white ones, 2 little ones ( that never leave the coop) and a rooster...oh yeah, a bronze gobbler who is calling up all the wild hens..
idunno.gif

Now in the incubator, i have 3 dozen french black marans and 14 red shoulder yokohamas... but i can't really count them, they haven't hatched yet... we all know the saying...don't count your chickens...
Someone on craigslist has 8 more laying hens... should I?? How many can fit in a coop? Its 4' X 8', they free range all day, its mainly for sleeping and egg laying... I think I am wanting someone to say- sure, go for it... whats that about chicken math??
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
Yep, the incubators are still there, they didn't get up and leave during the night, no one stole them...

Back
Top Bottom