I have got some questions about two of my hens

Let's hope she gets some grit in her. You can continue to massage her crop. be careful with trying to make her vomit as she can inhale some of the vomit..only tip her over for 2 seconds or so then let her take a breath. Just fluids until the crop empties. Once it does you want to give her some scrambled eggs or anything soft and easily digestible. Good luck

After trying again for the second time to make her sick. I noticed that she has two lumps in the crop and before the crop full of chicken pellets, which wont break up.

Let's hope she gets some grit in her.

She was next to the grit all day, she put she beak in the grit. I don't think she used it.

You can continue to massage her crop. be careful with trying to make her vomit as she can inhale some of the vomit..only tip her over for 2 seconds or so then let her take a breath. Just fluids until the crop empties.

Yes I tryed for a second time. I sure a video on it that was helpful.

Once it does you want to give her some scrambled eggs or anything soft and easily digestible. Good luck

Oh and with the scrambled eggs you can add some fresh garlic and dried oregano if you have it. Also some plain yogurt. All of this will help get rid of any bad bacteria.

Yes she would probably like that, but she crop and some other lump is full of chicken pellets.

unfortunately my black hen is not go to make, she is very weak from not eating and drinking and very sleepy. The lump in her corp has not move since yesterday, I think the second lump may have gone.

Try some bread soaked in olive oil...if she eats that would be good and the olive oil I heard helps impacted crops. Or just syringe the olive oil down her throat and then massage to help loosen it.
How is the white hen doing? You only have the 2?

Because she was very weak and very sleepy ,sadly the decision was made to put her down. Thank you to everyone that helped.

Back
Top Bottom