I have had it!!!!!! Need some assurance!

countrygirl4513

Crowing
15 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Portland TN
I have had it with my broker! I have worked for her as a Realtor for 5 looooooong years. Today I find out that the new guy in the office is getting the same commission split as I am!! I've been working for her all this time with no pay raise at all over these pitiful 5 years. And then she has the b@%#s to give a brand new agent (who just got his license a couple of months ago) the same pay as a long time employee. I am so freakin fed up with this bull!!!!! I think I'm about to walk!!!! But where to walk to? I hate to quit after all this time and hard work of getting my name out there. But I ain't had a sale in 4 months. NO INCOME!! I only get paid if I sale something! Real estate is crappy to say the least. And who knows what the future will hold? Somebody please advise me!!!

Hey....Dont walk out until you have another spot to go....That is what Momma always said!!! Go in and talk to her about it. Either you will get more comission or she will say No. Then I would go find another place to work. Make sure you let all your clients know where you go......start working on collecting all of their names and info
Tink

I worked as a realtor for eight years. There is little broker loyalty, I can assure you. You are in the stable and they really dont care about you unless you are a top producer, quite the trick in today's market. I'll never go back to that job after my broker allowed someone in my own office to steal a client from my the office files. I got tired of my integrity being worth nothing. I sure wish you the best, but that's a job you can have. My multiple time clients did move with me from broker to broker-just make sure they know where you're going if you leave.

I understand your dilemma :thun, but agree that you don't want to just up and quit. Take time to cool down and put your plan in place. Then act on it - whatever it is.

Hang in there. I hate unfairness.

I just got my license in October. Everyone was "why in the world do you want to get into real estate now?" I figured that since I don't have anything to measure against, anything I sell would be great.

While I've only been in the biz for 5 weeks, I do have some leads (I think). I figured if I just keep plugging away sooner or later I'll sell something.

They keep telling me at my office to hang in there, that the market should pick up after the first of the year.

The media and all the news outlets are giving the market a bad name. Countrygirl, can you just take some time off - or at least stay away from the office till you cool down?

"Hang in there"

My DH just left a job for the same reason - found out that a person with less experience, who had a smaller workload, and worked less hours (salaried position) was hired in making $15K more than he did.

That was the last straw. He has since found a job making 1/2 again as more as we was making at the last position, with a lot less of the hassles he had to deal with before.

I've not seen him so happy coming in from work for a LOOONNNGGGGG time.

It may be time for a change - just don't do anything rash until you know what you want to do and have your ducks lined up!

Yep, the media has ruined the market. All this sub-prime crap has blown way outta proportion. After all, it's not affecting FHB's if they've got the score, that is. Let me tell you one thing I've learned. There is no loyalty... period! From clients or brokers.We are an independent firm. No franchises for me... too expensive. It has been a decent job, it's allowed me to do what is needed with my family, like Dr. appt's, etc. With my son being T-1 diabetic I never know when I'm gonna be called to school etc.But would I do it now, just starting out? Heck no! I've seen so many newcomers just up and give up. You have to work at it. But our little town... you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a realtor. And that is one big problem! We are just our little firm. Not a big franchise, and that is sometimes our demise. People relate to the big names. Plus my broker, she's sorta known as a slum lord. I've had more people ask, "why are you with her? You'll never get anywhere working for her." And true to I am the only person that has ever stuck with her this long. And I have to ask myself, why I have.

I feel for you, my ex (a broker for years) did that to get a top producer, and ended up with one of his realtor walking out, she went to the upper management and he got fired. I say go over his head and get your split or find a company to give you the split you want.

Back
Top Bottom