1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have injurd drake

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ...chickenlover3..., May 31, 2011.

1. ...chickenlover3...

...chickenlover3... Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Rockford IL
    Hi, my name is Emma and I had a fox attack that killed most of my flock and I only had one survivor. He is a 2 year old drake Call duck and his wing is injured. He does not move it much and he just lets it drop down. I don't know if is broken or just injured. He has some bite wounds under and on top of his wing. He can lift it a little, but can't tuck it tight to his body like the other wing. Should I tape the wing or just watch to see if it gets better on its own. Can anyone please give me some advise on what I sould do with my drake.

2. Anianna

Anianna Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 28, 2010
    N/E of Richmond, VA
    I'm sorry, I don't know what you should do about the wing injury, but I would recommend gently cleaning any wounds and putting Vetericyn or Neosporine on them. You don't want to have to face a secondary infection on top of everything else.

3. ...chickenlover3...

...chickenlover3... Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2011
    Rockford IL
    ok and thank you for the advise

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by