I have issues. . . :)

BlossomSilkies

Crowing
13 Years
Jan 29, 2011
Niles, MI
I was finally able rehome this pair I got when they were about 3 months old. They were listed as Black Copper Marans, but once the pullet started laying, I knew they weren't BCM. When the rooster started getting older, he was such a jerk, teaching my once friendly hens to run away from us like we were dangerous, being so aggressive with the flock, eyeballin' me. It didn't take long for me to want to be rid of them for so many reasons.

After seeing some super cute silkie crosses, I decided, a silkie roo would be fun. Then after seeing partridge silkies, I was so hooked.

I was very fortunate to get a beautiful Partridge Silkie Rooster and 2 hens and a chick that are currently in quarantine. This rooster, Oliver, is so sweet and gentle and tame. I just love him.

So today, some folks came over and took my non-BCM pair. Soooo, why am I worried about them? Will they be ok? Will they be treated well? Why did that guy hold them by their feet? Those weren't cock fighting people were they? Are they going to be dinner?
barnie.gif

I question my sanity at times, I really do.

Perfectly normal. Even though they weren't perfect they were still a part of your family flock.

Back
Top Bottom