I have MORE babies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Yard full o' rocks, Oct 26, 2009.

1. Yard full o' rocks

Yard full o' rocks Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2009
    Cartersville, Georgia
    Its the morning of Day 21 and I have BABIES....on day 18, I set 12 silkies from CJEXOTIC and 2 more of my own Delawares (I must be nuts as I have 15-16 dels in the brooder already). This morning I have 8 silkie babies (my first silkies and boy are they cute!!) and 1 Delaware. I have a white silkie and a BBS both about finished zipping. 2 other silkie eggs yet to do anything and 1 Del egg still waitin'.....but, so far, so good. Will get pix when I move them into the brooder

HAPPY MONDAY

2. eggsrcool

eggsrcool Sussex Fanatic

Congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Yes we need pics...

Yes, happy monday to you too [​IMG]

eggsrcool [​IMG]

3. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Are you going to post pics of those Delaware babies? They are Isaac's?
    Good luck with the new ones!

4. walkswithdog

walkswithdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2008
    DC Region
    Good LUCK Scott!!! Go fuzzies GO.

My last Dels for the season are set.

My next hatch is due ALL Hallows Eve.

Then one the following week... See what hatches and consider one more sizzle hatch but then done. Don't have enough brooder space to do more.

I need to get some Del photos but the weather has been lousy and the ground is cold wet and mushy. Not chick outdoors weather.

May all your silkies hatch out - CJs are some really nice birds - hatched five from her myself.

5. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I think Scott's Del eggs he mentioned are from Isaac's half brother and half sister that he has, Beth. I think he has 9 or more in his brooder from Isaac and my girls, though.

6. joletabey

joletabey SDWD!!!!

Apr 9, 2009
    western NC
    Thanks, Cynthia - I get confused on whose Del's are related and in which way to whose. Hey Scott. . . .pics? ANY relatives of Isaac's should be a treat to see!

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

We are still waiting on the pictures, Scott! Congrats, again! [​IMG]

8. VTGIRL

VTGIRL Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2009
    Vermont
    Cool for you!!!! I just candled some of the eggs that I got from CJExotics. I'm so excited cuz I saw babies growing.... <3

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by