I have more chicks!!!

muddler6

Songster
12 Years
Sep 12, 2007
Jefferson County, PA
When I left for work I had one little baby bantam cochin, when I got home from work, my wife said, you have two now, I go to the basement to check them out and there were 4 bantam cochins hatched. I have 4 more cochin eggs, and 4 more leghorn eggs (that I got from my swap partner from February's swap). They are chirping up a storm in the bator, but they aren't completely dry yet so I can't move them to the brooder yet, hopefully tomorrow. Hopefully I will have more to brag about soon.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Woohoo!! congrats Muddler. good luck on the rest of your hatch. I feel your "pain" I was in your shoes just 2 days ago waiting for mine to hatch out. Tony

How can you tell so soon if the are frizzles? I am brand new to frizzles, but have some eggs in thebator with frizzle rooxmixed and frizzle hen cross.
Congrats on the hatch-and good luck on the rest!

Well, the little white ones feathers on the wings are coming in curled and not straight like the others. It is the only one I can tell so far. But he has a white reg. roo and white frizzled hen. So it was pretty likely that if white it would be frizzled I guess? The others seem to be regular feathers as far as I can tell but they are only 6 days old. Will keep you posted and cant wait for pics Bob.

Marie

One of my swap eggs hatched, BUT there is a bloody gob of goo hanging from it, so I am not sure that one will make it. once they all hatch I will put some pictures on here with the survivors, hopefully all of the make it, but I am a little worried about that one.
sad.png

I am sad to say that one did not make it, when I removed it from the bator it's insides were outside. I have a pip from one of my other swap eggs (Rose comb brown leghorns) and cochin #5 is working it's way out of the shell right now.
My bator is a mess from the one that died, hopefully the rest of the chicks make it out o.k. keep the good vibes coming!!!

Today is Day 22, I have had some temperature issues the last couple days. Up to that point I have 5 Bantam Cochins and 2 rose comb brown leghorns hatch (little chipmunk looking critters), I don't want to give up on the reamining 4 eggs too soon, should I candle and see if there is movement, or just call it done?

Back
Top Bottom