1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I have movement!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Dogwood Farm, May 2, 2009.

1. Dogwood Farm

Dogwood Farm Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2009
    I candled all 15 eggs last night. Diffently seen veins in all but 3 maybe. Those three have masses in them. Air cell seems intact. The egg color I'm hoping is what's preventing me from seeing the veins. I have two blueish green eggs that the lady told me were from Araucanas. One is so dark I can see the mass but not veins the other I seen veins diffently in and this morning candled again and OMGosh there was MOVEMENT! How great is that. Can't wait for my girls to get up and see that. What a cool experience for them. According to my calculations our hatch should be around the 16th - 17th of this month.

Last edited: May 2, 2009
  2. ChickBond 007

ChickBond 007 Licensed to Cull

Feb 26, 2009
    Madison County, Iowa
    Congrats! Is is exciting, isn't it? Remember, candle only the minimum amount. In my first hatch, I did this too much and had a poor hatch rate. While too much candling wasn't the only reason, it was a factor.

3. sethsleader

sethsleader Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Portreath
    How eggciting! Good luck with your hatching, keep us updated [​IMG]

4. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    The first time you see movement is amazing. And the second time, and the third time, and the fourth. What am I talking about. I still get excited when I candle.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by