I have no clue what to do here!

Wolfe620915

Hatching
Feb 26, 2023
So today my mom brought this baby home that someone had found on the side of the road, they told her it was a duck but I’m starting to think it is a wild gosling that got separated from its little family, I offered it some wet down all flock crumbles and put fresh water and water with electrolytes in the box for it. I’m thinking it’s roughly 1 maybe 2 weeks old comparing it to the babies I’ve seen in the feed stores. Does it need a heat lamp if inside my house? This is the best picture I can get right now. Any advice would be appreciated as I have never in my life had geese!

Attachments

• IMG_7092.jpeg
    IMG_7092.jpeg
    432.5 KB · Views: 47
So today my mom brought this baby home that someone had found on the side of the road, they told her it was a duck but I’m starting to think it is a wild gosling that got separated from its little family, I offered it some wet down all flock crumbles and put fresh water and water with electrolytes in the box for it. I’m thinking it’s roughly 1 maybe 2 weeks old comparing it to the babies I’ve seen in the feed stores. Does it need a heat lamp if inside my house? This is the best picture I can get right now. Any advice would be appreciated as I have never in my life had geese!
Yes that looks like a goose to me. A heat lamp would be great, but make sure there is a spot to cool off. Good job for rescuing it! Good luck!❤️

Good job rescuing it! That’s a Canadian gossling. You should definitely get a heat lamp to keep it warm. Though it’s warm in your house they need it just a bit warmer. Let me know how it goes I currently have a Canadian goose egg in my incubator hatching in three days😂. Was a rescue as well found it on the side of the road by a pond.

Looks like a Canada goose baby. I second contacting a rehabber.

Back
Top Bottom