I have no idea what I am doing

Glad it externally pipped, now it's just more waiting, lol... if you use a heat lamp, I highly recommend a dimmer switch for it, makes 8t much easier to lower the temp and ducklings go to lower heat quicker than chicks... any feed stores in your area have any ducklings right now, or check your local Craigslist? Would be best to see if you can get a buddy for your duckling if possible, lone ducklings are extremely needy and require a lot more attention than ones with a buddy or 2...

Glad it externally pipped, now it's just more waiting, lol... if you use a heat lamp, I highly recommend a dimmer switch for it, makes 8t much easier to lower the temp and ducklings go to lower heat quicker than chicks... any feed stores in your area have any ducklings right now, or check your local Craigslist? Would be best to see if you can get a buddy for your duckling if possible, lone ducklings are extremely needy and require a lot more attention than ones with a buddy or 2...
Any information as far as what the temp should be and time frame for lowing the temperatures?

Baby update. So far no change from around 10 am. We still have two pip cracks that have not opened completely, not even sure if the membrane is open but there is movement and I can hear clicking noises which seems to be his breathing from what I have read.

I have to first say thank god for this site. The wealth of information I have been able to get from here in the last week has been unbelievable. Reading all the posts from other people going through similar situation has really helped. Had I not found this site I would have certainly done many things wrong and would not be here waiting for this beautiful baby to hatch. Secondly thank you all in advance for your answers to my post. I can not tell you how much more at ease I am just knowing that I have you all in some strange way kind of holding my hand through this.

Also wanted to know if I should purchase something extra to put in the water. I had seen suppliments in the store but was not sure if I should do that. I have small crumble non medicated non antibiotic for food. Anything else I need?

I have researched a couple of nature conservancies that will gladly take the duck however I am not sure what I will do yet. I want to do what is best. I was reading it may be difficult to place it back into the wild because it may have a difficult time finding food. So its either the conservancy or I will probably purchase a nice new duck house and some friends for the baby to all live together lol.

Back
Top Bottom