I have no idea what I am doing

Pics
and we are still ok that it has been about 48 hours since internal pip and 26 hours since the external pip without a broken membrane?

I wouldn't mess with it until at least 36-40 hours, if even then. The more you open it, the more the membrane will dry out, being not in a very controlled environment.
and even though the membrane may not look broken, as good a pip as it looked in the pic, the membrane had to have broken. You just maybe can't see it. if it makes you feel better, you can make a slit in the membrane, but that's as far as I'd go at this point. JMHO

I wouldn't mess with it until at least 36-40 hours, if even then. The more you open it, the more the membrane will dry out, being not in a very controlled environment.
and even though the membrane may not look broken, as good a pip as it looked in the pic, the membrane had to have broken. You just maybe can't see it. if it makes you feel better, you can make a slit in the membrane, but that's as far as I'd go at this point. JMHO

X2

But guarantee there's a slit in the membrane already from the ducklings egg tooth... just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there... besides, it's been over 48 hrs since internal pip, correct? Then duckling is getting oxygen just fine... :)

X2

But guarantee there's a slit in the membrane already from the ducklings egg tooth... just cause you can't see it doesn't mean it's not there... besides, it's been over 48 hrs since internal pip, correct? Then duckling is getting oxygen just fine... :)
Yes its about 51 hours since internal. I just looked and there is the tiniest of pin hole in the center of the membrane.

I just figured if today is that day that would be fine but if it could be tomorrow they would not understand two days for a duck egg. They are not like us animal lovers. If it hatches I will probably bring it with me tomorrow just to be able to keep an eye on it for the first day to make sure its eating and drinking regularly. Its seems to like the car. We have even been to the Poconos last weekend. Four hours each way. Nowhere to plug the heating pad in the car so guess who drove with a duck egg down his pants. How is that for parenting skills

:bow

You got me beat there...

piZap_1493268347270.jpg

T
Thats what I meant....oops....

Back
Top Bottom