I have no idea what I am doing

Pics
IMG_2540.JPG
How I assisted without removing the shell....

Do you think I have about

Yes, curled up in a ball rocking back and forth now.

Steven, take a deep breath and exhale slowly... :hugs

There's a huge difference with your egg than what would fit the 'normal range' for hatching...

1, it was abandoned and went cold after mama left the nest...

2, you have kept it incubating the best you could (great job!), but at lower than optimal temperatures...

All of this adds up to.......

This duckling will take much LONGER than the average time ranges...

So please, stay calm and do not rush it... if it doesn't make it, it is not your fault, but as Kathy pointed out, too soon *can be* much worse and cause additional unneeded complications...

Just hang in there... :hugs

Steven, take a deep breath and exhale slowly... :hugs

There's a huge difference with your egg than what would fit the 'normal range' for hatching...

1, it was abandoned and went cold after mama left the nest...

2, you have kept it incubating the best you could (great job!), but at lower than optimal temperatures...

All of this adds up to.......

This duckling will take much LONGER than the average time ranges...

So please, stay calm and do not rush it... if it doesn't make it, it is not your fault, but as Kathy pointed out, too soon *can be* much worse and cause additional unneeded complications...

Just hang in there... :hugs
i did get a better feel for the exposed membrane and it is all dried up. I know I asked someone last night about spraying the egg with water as I have seen this in hatching videos but was told not to. Im guessing by the feel of that membrane and how this chick has been banging around in there that I am in trouble. Anything I might be able to do to help soften things up?

Back
Top Bottom