I have no idea what I am doing

Try to cover up his cage if possible and move him to a place you're not in much. (Ex. laundry room, bathroom) That should help with it being difficult in the cage. And no worries, chances are low a screen will hurt him. Hope things get better for you!

What kind of duck is that please. My not so pure blue swedish crossed with my pekin and produced a duck with identical markings to that but with a pekin build and posture.

That is a mallard... :)

That pattern and color is typical wildtype and can hide under the white coloring of a duck...

That is a mallard... :)

That pattern and color is typical wildtype and can hide under the white coloring of a duck...
Interesting - so in ducks as in pigeons recessive white is epistatic to pattern and color and these white birds still carry the alleles for pattern and color which they can pass on to their offspring? To put it another way - white is not a color but rather prevents the expression of the color alleles carried in the genome? Is that correct?

Interesting - so in ducks as in pigeons recessive white is epistatic to pattern and color and these white birds still carry the alleles for pattern and color which they can pass on to their offspring? To put it another way - white is not a color but rather prevents the expression of the color alleles carried in the genome? Is that correct?

As far as I know... I don't know if there's dominant white in ducks or not...

Back
Top Bottom