I have no idea what I am doing

I wonder if this could be what's wrong with her. Maybe she is stressed out over the mating??? Honestly I'm watching them all day and night on the security camera and havnt seen any of that yet
Could just be a combination of things. She's got to be due to start laying anytime. I don't know what kind of changes they could feel with that coming on. Drastic temperature changes. Flynn deciding it's time to start getting frisky. It's a hard nuf life for a duck :lol:

This poor girl can't catch a break. She was resting after being sedated for the X-ray and Mike and I have been trying to remove 8 inches of ice from their pond so they can swim again after almost two weeks with a frozen pond. We were hoping that would really make her happy and as soon as we finished cleaning it and filling it she came running out of the gazebo and jumped in and started to splash around for all of 20 friggin seconds when Flynn jumped on top of her and held her head under water and tried to mate with her. That's the first we have seen of that. The poor thing was totally under water. As soon as we got him off she jumped out and ran back into the coop. What's next???? I need a friggin break
:hugs you gotta let them do their thing unfortunately
she is a duck, and does know how to hold her breath, it only lasts a short while

:hugs theyll get better at it, but it always looks scary

We are giving her some alone time in the pool this morning and she just loves the water. Flynn is doing hard time in the gazebo while she is at the spa. I'm praying that some pool time will perk her up and get her good and hungry. She had been swimming and splashing around since we let her out
she sounds happy
did you get her any fish?

:hugs you gotta let them do their thing unfortunately
she is a duck, and does know how to hold her breath, it only lasts a short while

:hugs theyll get better at it, but it always looks scary

she sounds happy
did you get her any fish?
Michael is on his way home now with the fish. I tried giving her meal worms this morning which she goes crazy for but she didn't want them. Unfortunately I had just given her the medicine and I'm hoping that's why she didn't want them

Back
Top Bottom