I have no idea what I am doing

Hey all. Is it possbole to successfully relocate a wild duck nest? My neighbor has one in her yard and her dog keeps taking the eggs. They only look like they need another week or so before they hatch but the dog keep taking them and cracks the shell. Bathe eggs she gave me were dead already
Wonder if it's the same duck who left Lucky behind last year?

If it were me I would keep my dog on a leash to potty him in the yard until the baby ducks leave with mom. A small sacrifice if this is possible for your neighbor?

My second option would be to try and protect the nest with a fence the would exclude the dog and allow the duck in, providing dog and duck are not the same size.:confused:
I suggested she keep the dog out of the yard for a week or two and she looked at me like I was crazy. Unfortunately her dog is a pit bull so I don't think protecting the best is an option. I'm going over there tomorrow to have a look and see if the nest is there or is an animal taking the eggs from elsewhere and putting them in her yard. I'll get more info tomorrow when I can see

View attachment 1346445 Can't figure out if this guy is trying to get in or trying to bust Lucky and Flynn out. He comes to visit every day now. Flynn goes nuts but I can't tell if he is excited or mad. Lucky could care less. He is very handsome though
thats funny!!

I suggested she keep the dog out of the yard for a week or two and she looked at me like I was crazy. Unfortunately her dog is a pit bull so I don't think protecting the best is an option. I'm going over there tomorrow to have a look and see if the nest is there or is an animal taking the eggs from elsewhere and putting them in her yard. I'll get more info tomorrow when I can see
if a dog was messing with a nest the duck would evict herself

My guess is she's probably already gone, but let us know

Literally just got home from 11 days away from the babies for the first time. I cried all the way to the airport but they were on good hands with their aunt. Mike and I went on a Caribbean cruise and had an amazing time. Lucky and Flynn will soon have legit parents and Mike and I got engaged while we were away. Need a few days to unwind and get back to normal and spend some much needed time with the ducks we missed terribly. I'll post some pics in the next couple of days. Both lucky and Flynn are doing great and lucky continues to lay one egg a day. She just doesn't take a break lol
Oh my goodness!!! Congrats!!! I've missed so much...:hit I've bookmarked your thread, selected the "watch thread" thingy...but yet I still don't get updates. :idunno I don't know what the problem is...

Heading back to catch up on my reading now...

image.jpeg
Happy Mothers Day friends. One year ago today we found Lucky's egg. It's hard to believe she will be 1 year old in just 11 days. Remembering all the help and advice everyone gave and so thankful to all of you.

View attachment 1386490 Happy Mothers Day friends. One year ago today we found Lucky's egg. It's hard to believe she will be 1 year old in just 11 days. Remembering all the help and advice everyone gave and so thankful to all of you.
Thank you for sharing Lucky and Flynn with us!:love

View attachment 1346445 Can't figure out if this guy is trying to get in or trying to bust Lucky and Flynn out. He comes to visit every day now. Flynn goes nuts but I can't tell if he is excited or mad. Lucky could care less. He is very handsome though
I think this fella is saying, "Holy smokes, look at these awesome digs!" "Let me in! Let me in!"

Back
Top Bottom