I have no idea what I'm doing! :-D

Scarlet_in_Hawaii

In the Brooder
Jul 28, 2018
Kailua, HI
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Very new! We just purchased a home on Oahu (in Kailua) and it came with five hens! I've always wanted chickens, but I really have no idea what I'm doing.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
There are 5 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Two Plymouth Barred Rock hens
One grey Ameraucana
One wild Hawaiian rescue

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
From the lovely people who we bought the home from.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love the ocean and the beach, hiking, and being a lazy butt.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We also have three cats and are considering a dog, obviously one who we can train from puppy-hood to be protective to the new chickies.

I'm so excited to have chickens! I'm happy to receive any and all advice that you have to give regarding feeding (what NOT to feed specifically), nesting/bedding, and chicken health and safety.

I am really looking forward to hearing from those in Hawaii. Like...do you bring the chickens inside the house if a hurricane is passing through? Is there anything special to know about keeping chickens in Hawaii?

FARMER-CONNIE-GREAT-INTRO-F.gif
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Very new! We just purchased a home on Oahu (in Kailua) and it came with five hens! I've always wanted chickens, but I really have no idea what I'm doing.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
There are 5 hens.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Two Plymouth Barred Rock hens
One grey Ameraucana
One wild Hawaiian rescue

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
From the lovely people who we bought the home from.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I love the ocean and the beach, hiking, and being a lazy butt.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We also have three cats and are considering a dog, obviously one who we can train from puppy-hood to be protective to the new chickies.

I'm so excited to have chickens! I'm happy to receive any and all advice that you have to give regarding feeding (what NOT to feed specifically), nesting/bedding, and chicken health and safety.

I am really looking forward to hearing from those in Hawaii. Like...do you bring the chickens inside the house if a hurricane is passing through? Is there anything special to know about keeping chickens in Hawaii?
farmer-connie-spin-&-jump.gif

Back
Top Bottom