I have no idea what I'm doing! :-D

hawaii hen.gif

Greetings Scarlet_in_Hawaii, Welcome to BYC! :frow

Thank you KikisGirls for the introduction :welcome Glad you joined us. There's a Backyard Chickens Hawaii on FB and there's also a bunch on here. In the search box type in Hawaii. Everyone here's always very helpful & full of information. Enjoy your chickens and your new adventrure :hugs

I'd bring them in during hurricane, prepare now with cage & know where you'll put them. Not all shelters will take animals much less chickens. No Lava for you to worry about although Oahu has been getting alot of flooding so hopefully your established Coop/Run is out of harms way.

Just remember the MORE animals you get, the harder it is to evacuate & place them .... Big issue we're having here in the Big Island with all the livestock that's had to be evacuated. There are still pets that are being trapped & found. Unfortunately it's been reported someone took in some goats & sheep only to now discover they're "diseased". Something we don't think about when rescuing animals.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome! :frow:frow:welcome

That is so cool getting chickens with the house, and a nice little flock too! If my place had come with chickens I wouldn't have had to deal with 2.5 of chicken inertia (feeling overwhelmed with all the decisions to the point of not getting them!!).

Back
Top Bottom