I have no idea what this is. Any ideas??

SilkiesForEver

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 24, 2012
Last night my sister dropped off two chickens at my house, A sizzle pullet (Two Months) and a Silkie hen (About a year and a half). In the morning I inspected the birds for any illnesses or parasites. The Silkie hen was fine but the Sizzle pullet had some kind of callus on her face. Its kind of like rough skin but it has a "flakiness" to it. I put some Coconut oil on it and it seems to be better. (More like normal skin) It has a tinge of yellow to it and the callus has big lumps gathered under her chin. She doesn't seem to be affected by it but it does wrinkle her skin. Sorry for the bad pictures.
This is "Little Orphan Annie"

LL

I would move this over to emergencies section........First reaction is that he had been picked on.... Second that you might be dealing with maggots . It's new to me....Good luck

As of today she is doing very well, I put some coconut oil on it the day before yesterday and the next day the "stuff" began peeling of. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing but my other Silkies started grooming her and picking it off, so I couldn't really do anything.
idunno.gif
Her skin is almost normal now but, she does quite a bit of feather loss on her neck where the "stuff" was really clumped. Oh, she does have alot built up in her ear, I'm not sure how to get that out.

Oh remember how I said we got two chickens? A hen and a pullet? The Silkie hen went broody!!
wee.gif
This is the first time I have ever had a broody hen,
celebrate.gif
so I need all the help I can get.
big_smile.png
I'm going to start a thread asking what I should do. So if you have any helpful advise PLEASE post them here or at the other thread. (I REALLY need some good pointers)
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom