I have no idea what this is

pok

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2022
I have a chicken that's around 2~3 months old. It already appeared to have some sort of foot injury so it was always walking in like a goofy way, but it was always active, eating and moving around, I don't know if that information relevant or not but the past 2 days or so it hasn't been moving nearly as much and today it's barely moving at all. it's continuously doing some sort of breathing motion. It doesn't appear to be lethargic like it's eyes are open it's not sleeping while standing or sleeping at all during the day as far as I noticed it's just standing in the sun doing the same sort of breathing motion while almost completely still, occasionally eating a bit but only a tiny bit. I can send pictures or videos if you need to see anything and thank you

I have a chicken that's around 2~3 months old. It already appeared to have some sort of foot injury so it was always walking in like a goofy way, but it was always active, eating and moving around, I don't know if that information relevant or not but the past 2 days or so it hasn't been moving nearly as much and today it's barely moving at all. it's continuously doing some sort of breathing motion. It doesn't appear to be lethargic like it's eyes are open it's not sleeping while standing or sleeping at all during the day as far as I noticed it's just standing in the sun doing the same sort of breathing motion while almost completely still, occasionally eating a bit but only a tiny bit. I can send pictures or videos if you need to see anything and thank you
If alert looking and not puffed up, then my guess would be that whatever is wrong with it’s leg/foot has become too painful to want to move???
You’ve done a thorough inspection of the leg, toes, and foot pad?? Felt along the bad leg and compared to the feel of the good leg?

I'm back from doing that and what I noticed was somewhat swollen toe on it's left foot and thinner legs in general, also it's feet are black naturally but the parts that are yellow are more pale in comparison to the other chicken

Where are you located in the world?
What do you feed your chick?

Please do post photos of the chick.

For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.

Can you post a clear picture or two iof the legs from the front or back?
Hi I'm sorry for the late reply a friend told me it's probably marek's so i kinda gave up but yeah you can see his legs here well i think

Attachments

• IMG_20230225_163645.jpg
    IMG_20230225_163645.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20230224_054844.jpg
    IMG_20230224_054844.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 2
Where are you located in the world?
What do you feed your chick?

Please do post photos of the chick.

For video, upload to youtube and provide a link.
I live in Iraq, I feed it mainly celery, rice, and some small grains, here a picture of him few days before he started showing symptoms

Attachments

• MVIMG_20230215_174310.jpg
    MVIMG_20230215_174310.jpg
    342.7 KB · Views: 1
His toes look a bit crooked, which can be common sometimes when incubating eggs. That is all I can tell from the pictures. Is he walking better? He needs to be on a better diet I think, that contains chicken feed and is balanced with minerals and vitamins. He could have a deficiency. Is a commercial all flock or baby chicken feed available where you live? Why does your friend think it is Mareks disease?

His toes look a bit crooked, which can be common sometimes when incubating eggs. That is all I can tell from the pictures. Is he walking better? He needs to be on a better diet I think, that contains chicken feed and is balanced with minerals and vitamins. He could have a deficiency. Is a commercial all flock or baby chicken feed available where you live? Why does your friend think it is Mareks disease?
The chick feed that was available to me was all too big so they didn't eat it and because i was already feeding them and they were already eating i didn't think that i needed to really do anything but currently im making sure to give him chick feed by just putting in water so it becomes mushy and putting vitamin B supplements in his water. The friend told me that it's probably marek's because the other chicken that i had was fine, and it stopped walking all of a sudden, stopped eating and became lethargic, this one chick had a sickness before and she thought the disease progressed because his immune system was compromised for a few weeks

Back
Top Bottom