I have rooster questions!!!

littlestars17

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
So my little docile A,mberlink Roo has become quite the ladies man lol...he started crowing last week and he sounded so funny at first. Now its a full on crow..rrrrrrruuuhhhhruuuhhhhroooooo lol. Except he does it anywheres from 3-6 times in a row, Off and on all day? Whats gthe norm?? Will he not crow as much when he gets a bit older?? Is something causing him to crow(I know he does it outside my window because hes calling from treats)..My neighbors arent complaining(yet) but there are several houses behind mine(none of my street,all tyhe street behind me) that I dont want to irritate, I just think hes too stinkin cute- So whats normal?

I think it depends on the breed really. I have had two roosters, and when they reached maturity, they both were pretty much morning crowers. One was a BCM, and the other is a Cream Brabanter. They will occasionally crow at other times, but mostly they were morning crowers.

You just must have a noisy guy.....or maybe he will quiet down a bit once the novelty wears off.....he might be practicing.....I hope everything's OK and your neighbors don't get mad...

Good luck!
Sharon

I have a ton of Serama roosters, a Ranger Roo, a banty roo, 2 Ameraucana roos and a Cochin roo.
Mine crow all the time wit no real pattern. This may be because I have lots of birds though.

They crow at night when they see a light.
They crow in the mornings.
They crow just to say "Im feeling great" or "Im the boss and all this is MINE"

It probably depends on how confident your bird is....

Best of luck with the neighbors though!

lol No news is good news(usually lol) I have asked 2 if they heard him and both said No, and the other neighbor wants to hear him lol, she loves my chicks- There is only one other directly behind my property line...maybe they are all far enough I wont have to worry

Back
Top Bottom