I Have SO MANY Questions!

May 2, 2020
Eastern Michigan
Ok ok ok, ill start at the beginning, we wanted some new chicks to mix with our 6 week olds, so we went to Duck and Coop Hatchery to pick up some adorable "4 week-olds" They are tiny! The guy said he thinks there 4-5-6 week oldsšŸ˜• there not only tiny, they are skinny! So we were kind of introducing them the the y week olds, and they got through the bars on their run confinement center, but I watched them and let them wander a bit, then our Jersey Giant, who were pretty sure us a hen jumped on ones back, she almost made it look like they were breeding, but they are all 6 weeks and under? We pulled her off, but were wondering why she did that. Also, did I mention the new girls are SKINNY, any advice on treats to fatten them up? Thanks!!!

Just grabbed, only one us a giant, we have a leghorn hen and rooster, 2 Orphingtons, and a black sex link. The Sex link was actually the best with them, she just walked up, and walked away.

Update: The rooster and Jersey Giant are jerks to The new chicks, but everyone else gets in great, under close supervision. We fed oatmeal for breakfast this morning, hopefully they can pack on some ouncesšŸ˜

Back
Top Bottom