I have some eggies due on November 7th...anyone else!???

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chiko, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    I have 12+ Leghorn/Ameraucana/Mutt Mixed eggs from my dads friend, and they are due to hatch soon! I candled last night and I see life in all of them! They go into lockdown on Nov. 4th. And Hatch on Nov. 7th! [​IMG] Anyone else have chicks hatching on or near that day?

2. reneemellor

reneemellor Out Of The Brooder

Oct 8, 2011
    Waco, Tx
    I have 24 that are due on the 5th-7th (yes, I know staggered hatches are bad. Newbie mistake) it's my first hatch with an incubator. Last night I candled and 20 were wiggling visibly, 4 were harder to see but I think they're alive. [​IMG] They are mostly EE/Buff Orp cross, with a couple pure BO. I'm so excited.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I set 34 more eggs in the incubator and around 45 in the hatchers on Wednesday and 25 more on Thursday went into the incubator. I have hatches on today (Oct. 29th), Nov. 2nd, Nov. 9th, Nov. 16th, and Nov. 17th so far. So far 35 have hatched.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  4. raymondjames

raymondjames Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2011
    Quote:staggered hatches are easy with a hovabator... i wrote a thread here somewhere....

5. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Wooo!!! Babies! We all need to post pictures of our babies!

6. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    [​IMG] Wish me luck! Tonight my eggies go into lockdown! I have 9 moving Babies...So if all goes well, I'll have some fuzzy butts Monday! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by