I have to ask.....

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickensioux, Mar 15, 2009.

1. chickensioux

chickensioux Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    I have a 50' x 50' area for my chickens. After several days of rain, that's a large area of mud. As all of you chicken owners know, grass is hard to keep. During the winter months what little grass I still have is gone. Now for the question: How many others slip and fall in the mud? Is it just me? I swear all my girls come running to see why I'm laying in the mud. Personally, I think they are laughing....[​IMG]

2. freddy22

freddy22 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2008
    Illinois
    lol, i dont have that problem but i can imagine lol

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

I slip more often on chicken poop on wood than anything. So far, no bum to ground contect yet!

4. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

With about 4000 sf of lawn with about 4 hens. I don't have any trouble keeping lawn. But the wood deck! OMG, at least once a month I hit the deck (big poopy wet mess). Usually in the morning in my work clothes. I then teach the chickens a new word that can't be repeated go in and in hurry change clothes.

Imp- takes 32 morning showers a month.

5. CityChook

CityChook Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

I often have high heels on in the morning when I feed/water/let the chickens out to their run. My husband has to remind me to brush the pine shavings off my shoes before leaving. Hey, even wanna-be farm girls can wear Jimmy Choos.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by