I have to rehome ALL my ducks - Everyone rehomed!

Goat_Walker

I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
Maryland
EVERYONE HAS A HOME!!!! YAY!!! I couldnt have done this without yall - so thank you BYC!!!!

Well I enlisted into the USMC on Friday. My ship out date isnt till June 6th 2011. But I have to rehome ALL my ducks by May or Even April .
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

i guess it just kind of hit me today what that truly meant. Ive been doing my duck thing since '06 and my ducks have helped me through alot of rough spots over the years. I love my ducks, but mom wont keep them for five - six years for me while im Enlisted. its going to be hard finding them new homes because the ducks i currently have I wont give to just anyone. I know there are not alot of people around here that see ducks like I do, and im going to be a little picky about who takes them - Especially my 14 y/o. I have almost every color of duck, most are mutts but i do have three purebred ducks. Most were born with me but others were rescues or ones ive adopted.

I know that the USMC is what I want to do. I have no doubts about going in. And losing all my babies is just a sacrifice Im going to have to make.

Im just kinda upset today I guess, and could use a few hugs from people who understand that loving ducks is not a stupid thing.

Last edited:
That is so sad...but sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

On a possitive note you can always start again when your time is done.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

I am very proud of you for the decision you have made. You should hold your head up high and know how special you are to be one of the brave few who protect this great nation.
I'm very sorry that you are having to give up your ducks.
hugs.gif
I do understand that it is hard and it hurts. Best of luck to you in finding great homes for them all and in your new career.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry hun, but you knew it was coming and I know that doesn't make it any easier to bear. They are your babies, and today the gravity struck you, I can sympathize.

BUT look on the bright side : You are going on to do a job/career that is what you truely want and your going out to support and defend our country. But something has to be sacrificed. From our greatest sacrifices come the greatest of gifts. I hope you find them all homes you can be happy with, and if I lived closer I would be more than happy to take some - but alas i'm in NC.

Take care, don't get yourself down. Atleast you have 8 months to find them homes! BYC members can hopefully help you out - look at Puddle Foot Farm's 50 pekins - in just a month she rehomed 45+ ducks!!!!
smile.png
its possible to find them good homes, keep your chin up, and just take it one day at a time and enjoy them while you have them.

Wishing you the best,
Jessy

Last edited:
Wow this is bitter sweet. Your going on a grand adventure, serving your country. But at the same time having to give up so much you love. You are very brave. I am sure you will find a good home for each of them. We have a farm they could come live on, but they would all be true free range, so i am sure it is not the home you are looking for for them. good luck and God Bless you for your courage.

mom wont keep them for five - six years for me while im Enlisted.

I am keeping my sons 2 stupid cats for him while he is in Iraq! Ducks are way easier to take care of! Harumppph!​

hugs.gif
Thanks you guys! Ive accepted that I cant keep them ( I have over twenty ducks, each with their own personalities ) and mom said she might keep my three geese. but not all my ducks. She wont even keep 5 of them for me. Mine all free range but are locked up at night. Im hoping I can find a few people here on BYC to take a few.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I might could take a few but I'll have to REALLY talk to my parents about it...I've been wanting ducks for over a year now

Last edited:
Your ducks are so beautiful I'm sure lots of people would want them. If I had a bigger garden and lived in America I would take them in a shot. Plus it's pretty impossible not to love a duck, I'm sure their new owners will adore them. Our three came to us because there was no space for them in their home. My husband took them just for the eggs. We have spent over $1200 on them since getting them lol, in a couple of years they will cost more than our wedding but we love them so much it doesn't matter.
I bet you will miss them like crazy. Lots of people would understand if you asked them to send pictures and updates so you could see how they are doing. We let our three's breeder's know and invite them over to see for themselves all the time.
You know you're doing the right thing otherwise you wouldn't be doing it, so instead think of all the love you are spreading by giving your ducks. My life is 100 times better since getting ours.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the meantime you have every internet hug I can give cos it's gotta be really really hard and you must be just miserable about it.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom