I have to rock my run, is 2" Trap rock to big?

I don't know for sure but I think that might be a little too big and too jagged. If they get a cut or puncture it could result in bumble foot. I'd go with something smaller and smoother if possible. Can you acquire sand?

I don't know for sure but I think that might be a little too big and too jagged. If they get a cut or puncture it could result in bumble foot. I'd go with something smaller and smoother if possible. Can you acquire sand?
I can get sand, but thought it would get messy. I live in MN. Under the sand would I put landscape fabric or just dirt? Could gravel work instead?

welcome-byc.gif

Why are you putting rock or gravel in the run? If we know that, we can help come up with other possible solutions. I don't think that 2inch is a good idea......

welcome-byc.gif

Why are you putting rock or gravel in the run? If we know that, we can help come up with other possible solutions. I don't think that 2inch is a good idea......
run gets muddy. thinking now either pea rock or gravel. thoughts?

Last edited:
Don't use pea gravel if you intend to use sand and scoop poop. Speaking from experience! The pea gravel works its way up as the chickens dig around and it's impossible to get poop but not pea gravel in a kitty litter scoop. I'm removing it a few pieces at a time when I try to scoop poop or rake it smooth and I'm not thrilled that the pea gravel is apparently destined for my garden via the compost pile.

Back
Top Bottom