Muddy slanted run

The two darker reds with green tails are male. You are going to want to get rid of one ASAP.

You might actually be better off getting rid of both of them.

Bird to far left is a female.

Slope doesn't look that bad, at least left to right.
Maybe it's sloped more back to front(hard to tell from pic.
You just need some better bedding in there.
...and it's so small not that big of a deal the rake it back up hill when needed
Im hoping to get a 20 cubic foot delivery of wood mulch soon to create better bedding. Can you tell what breed of chicken Ninja is? (The far left one)

Im hoping to get a 20 cubic foot delivery of wood mulch soon to create better bedding.
Do you have place to store that pile?
Unless the chippings are well aged, you don't want to put too much into the run at once, just a couple inches once a week to avoid a toxic mold bloom.

Can you tell what breed of chicken Ninja is? (The far left one)
No sorry. The white earlobes make me think she has some brown leghorn in her.
Where did you get her?

Do you have place to store that pile?
Unless the chippings are well aged, you don't want to put too much into the run at once, just a couple inches once a week to avoid a toxic mold bloom.

No sorry. The white earlobes make me think she has some brown leghorn in her.
Where did you get her?
Tractor supply. I believe the tag said bantams unsexed. But this doesn't look like a bantam to me.

Yes I have plenty of space to store it. Thank you for the additional information about a couple of inches once a week. ☺️
Scrape the outer layer off the pile to add to run.
Won't take you long to cover that small space.
You really only need a few inches of bedding in the run to 'eat' the poops.

Scrape the outer layer off the pile to add to run.
Won't take you long to cover that small space.
You really only need a few inches of bedding in the run to 'eat' the poops.
Will the pile mold as it sits?
I also have a chicken run area off the chicken coop that I will use the wood mulch on. That space is about 10x22-ish.

I have not received it yet and have no idea when it will be here. I used ChipDrop and they just say the mulch will have mostly tree chips and green plant material in it.
Ohhh, hard to say what they'll drop off....or when.
Have heard more bad than good about chipdrop, mostly about timing and large chunks of wood buried in the pile.

Back
Top Bottom