I have to talk POLISH!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HighNDryFarm, Oct 16, 2011.

1. miohippus

miohippus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2010
    verry pretty [​IMG]

2. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    juststruttin [​IMG] Oh my, I have never seen such a beautiful pattern on a Polish. How long have they been in development ?

I know the laced crele being so outstanding have displaced my request for comments on my little hatchery birdies but I still hope someone will post a guess for me ?

3. allmychickens

allmychickens Just'a small town girl

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    2 girls and a boy

4. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Anybody else?

5. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    allmychickens Frizzles are difficult but based on my limited experience where I thought that I had at least one pullet but did not, well the shape of the crest looks male. Also your chicks are about the same age as mine but yours already have darker pink but very small wattles which says boy but their crests look nice and even all of them. I am not very experienced with polish so this is truly guessing.

6. allmychickens

Aug 4, 2011
    Washington
    Ya I was a bit thrown off... The frizzle has NO wattles whatsoever but has the most boyish crest... #3 also has a bit of a tustled crest but has smaller wattles then some of them... the other 2 have the biggest wattles but the nicest roundest crests... im confused by them

7. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    So far with mine, the wattles are much more accurate for sexing than the crest until they reach about 3 months or older. The crests just look different on every bird and it is not a very easy thing to tell.....until they get past the 12-14 week mark or so. But when the red wattles show up (along with the red comb peeking out under the crest feathers) it is almost always a male. Because of that I am guessing more boys than girls in these pics, but the frizzle really looks girlie. If they are 9 weeks....

8. 4hchickmama

4hchickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    Wow! Gorgeous coloring on these birds. I've never seen this coloring on a polish before. Fantastic!

9. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Juststruttin---do you sell hatching eggs for those? :D

10. 4hchickmama

4hchickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    -gets in line as well- [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by