I have to talk POLISH!

Wanted to share a picture of Crele Laced Polish.

verry pretty
clap.gif

juststruttin Oh my, I have never seen such a beautiful pattern on a Polish. How long have they been in development ?

I know the laced crele being so outstanding have displaced my request for comments on my little hatchery birdies but I still hope someone will post a guess for me ?

allmychickens Frizzles are difficult but based on my limited experience where I thought that I had at least one pullet but did not, well the shape of the crest looks male. Also your chicks are about the same age as mine but yours already have darker pink but very small wattles which says boy but their crests look nice and even all of them. I am not very experienced with polish so this is truly guessing.

allmychickens Frizzles are difficult but based on my limited experience where I thought that I had at least one pullet but did not, well the shape of the crest looks male. Also your chicks are about the same age as mine but yours already have darker pink but very small wattles which says boy but their crests look nice and even all of them. I am not very experienced with polish so this is truly guessing.
Ya I was a bit thrown off... The frizzle has NO wattles whatsoever but has the most boyish crest... #3 also has a bit of a tustled crest but has smaller wattles then some of them... the other 2 have the biggest wattles but the nicest roundest crests... im confused by them

So far with mine, the wattles are much more accurate for sexing than the crest until they reach about 3 months or older. The crests just look different on every bird and it is not a very easy thing to tell.....until they get past the 12-14 week mark or so. But when the red wattles show up (along with the red comb peeking out under the crest feathers) it is almost always a male. Because of that I am guessing more boys than girls in these pics, but the frizzle really looks girlie. If they are 9 weeks....

Back
Top Bottom