I have to talk POLISH!

Pretty bird, yes a tolbunt. Pretty heavy laced. How old? I would suspect that this one came from a generation or two back where a tolbunt split was used.
All the Tolbunt Polish birds i have seen definitely do not have that much black on them. I was thinking she was a mix or something. I see a lot of black with white crests, but this one also has the brown mixed in faintly. She is getting some iridescence in her neck feathers which is mixed with the brown.

She / He is 3 months old.

Last edited:
All the Tolbunt Polish birds i have seen definitely do not have that much black on them. I was thinking she was a mix or something. I see a lot of black with white crests, but this one also has the brown mixed in faintly. She is getting some iridescence in her neck feathers which is mixed with the brown.

She / He is 3 months old.
I would still say there is split in there not too far back. Are you on FB? We have a tolbunt group, you can see lots of splits that are dark like yours. Here's my tolbunts at almost 3 months (hatched May 25)

pullet

cockerel

Could you guys help me with the gender of 6 and 1/2 week old Harriet? I don't see any waddle development yet - should I be seeing that by now if she's a roo?

Last edited:
Could you guys help me with the gender of 6 and 1/2 week old Harriet? I don't see any waddle development yet - should I be seeing that by now if she's a roo?

Hard to say still, but the absence of wattles is encouraging that this is indeed a pullet. Also, the crest is very girly.

my girls look just like yours Durban. my pullet has a nice round, even crest. she is beautiful! i just love polish chickies..

This is my first experience with this breed - and this one is just so friendly - she runs up my arm every chance she gets and settles in on my shoulder. It would be heartbreaking if she turned out to be a "he" - we can't keep roosters in the city.

Back
Top Bottom