I have two Ameraucanas, and I am not sure what color they will turn out to be!

bairdfarm

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 1, 2013
I have two, week and a half old ameraucana chicks and I am having trouble determining what their adult color will be. I am guessing they grey chick will be blue, correct me if i'm wrong. I am not as certain with my guess about the lighter colored chick. Too me, it is a toss up between white, wheaten, and blue wheaten. I'd appreciate it if someone with more experience than myself could help me! Here are some pictures http://imgur.com/a/biHmd

I have two, week and a half old ameraucana chicks and I am having trouble determining what their adult color will be. I am guessing they grey chick will be blue, correct me if i'm wrong. I am not as certain with my guess about the lighter colored chick. Too me, it is a toss up between white, wheaten, and blue wheaten. I'd appreciate it if someone with more experience than myself could help me! Here are some pictures http://imgur.com/a/biHmd
I don't believe your chicks are Ameraucanas. The one in the top picture has bright yellow legs, and the one in the bottom picture has green legs. I'm pretty sure they are Easter Eggers. And since Easter eggers are basically a mixed breed bird, bred to lay green/blue eggs, you never can tell what color they will be.
smile.png

I guess it aint too bad if they aren't pure Ameraucanas since I only paid $2 a piece and they were from a local small time operation ha! I was just trying to tell what they would end up looking like

I guess it aint too bad if they aren't pure Ameraucanas since I only paid $2 a piece and they were from a local small time operation ha! I was just trying to tell what they would end up looking like
I know all of my easter eggers were lovely! All different colors. Very pretty and unique. Keeps your flock interesting!

Yes, the yellow legs are unfortunate. Otherwise they do look very like Ameraucana chicks--they don't have the chipmunk stripes of most Easter Eggers.

Since obvious color faults make even an Ameraucana X Ameraucana offspring a Easter Egger, technically, they could just be poorly bred Ameraucanas. Either way, they look like they'll be lovely when they grow up. I'm in love with blue birds.

Back
Top Bottom