I have windows open...

Robin'sBrood

Crowing
12 Years
May 8, 2008
North Carolina
I wish y'all could hear the dogs that are barking somewhere just outside of my neighborhood. They sound like they have a coon treed or something. I'll take my two little crowing roos anyday over that racket! GRACIOUS! I'd take them over the screaming kid noise and whining dirt bike noises that come from inside my neighborhood too. Just as I typed that, two kids started screaming to the top of their lungs, and their dog started barking as well.
barnie.gif

There is a dirt bike going round and round in the backyard of one of my closet neighbors. At least it's just one right now, and not three or four like it is most of the time. Guess I'll be closing my windows soon.
roll.png

I have a neighbor who rides a Harley. He goes to work at 4:15am every day. He has to rev his bike for several minutes so it won't stall. Then he has to roar up the road past our house, and stop at the stop sign at the corner of our place, and rev his bike again so it won't stall. Then he goes roaring off down the road, and we can still hear him for about a mile.

We've become so accustomed to waking up at 4:15am and then going back to sleep that we all wake up at that time even when we are travelling, and lay there waiting for the bike to go by. My kids both used to wake up at about 4:10am and start crying when they were little, because even as infants they could anticipate the noise ... so we had that for a few years too.

I'm a live-and-let live sort, unless I'm really pushed too far, but my next door neighbor lives a ways down the road from us, and right next to the biker guy's garage. I'm surprised he hasn't SSS'd him by now.

Back
Top Bottom