I hear scratching in unhatched eggs??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by luvchicks8, Aug 21, 2010.

1. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    So I must be getting close:) I have no idea when she started sitting she was hiding on me [​IMG] Anyway I wonder what these mutts will look like they will either be ee/silkie cross or EE standard white cochin x [​IMG]. That's why I didn't want my silkie sitting on these eggs but she stole them from the next nesting box over.

2. Whitehouse Quail

Whitehouse Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    Michigan
    Dat means der babies inside. [​IMG]

3. pgpoultry

pgpoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2009
    Wales
    There's been a lot of anger on the forum about some guy who said mutts should be banned.

They will be gorgeous, fluffy, delightful and an asset whatever their parentage. (and almost certainly have feathery legs as this trait seems to be very dominant if my Brahmas are anything to go by).

Enjoy them, they will scratch, fly, cheep, and eventually lay eggs (or crow!) just like the 'pure' parents, and their momma will love them

sandie

4. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Oh I agree I love my mutts:)

5. BigDaddy'sGurl

BigDaddy'sGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2010
    Wilkesboro NC
    If mutts were banned I would have no chickens. : ( what a sad state my world would be in.

6. JulieZ

JulieZ Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Trenton, Florida
    Quote:Someone said that? You are kidding me, right? Good grief ....

luvchicks8 ... My Buff Orp roo crossed with an "all purpose bird" (aka mutt) Dixie Rainbow. "Mork" is now 5 or 6 days old & can be found here on page 5 ... He is SOOOO adorable. He has blessed me with his unique attitude, blondish/red feathers & his clumsiness. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=385853&p=5

Congrats
    on the scratching. ; )

7. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Mutts are the best!! [​IMG] Houdini is a mix, and the chicks are all sooooooooooooooooooooo danged cute!!

8. gvntofly05

gvntofly05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2009
    IN
    [​IMG]:woot you're going to have babies soon!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by