I heard a disturbing suggestion from a 4H father, wondering if anyone else has heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy is being a stupid person who thought they had a good “joke”.

4H would not/does not suggest any animal cruelty.

I’ll have to ask you to also step up and put your logic hat on for a moment…. You cannot actually believe that it would make things better or easier to raise an injured animal and HAND FEED it for its entire life? So, an illogical statement spouted off by a known a$$, and you think it could actually be true?

I didn't say he had a good sense of humor, or even decent one for that matter. I wasn't there, so I don't know if it was a joke or not. I would like to think, though, that someone would not be that ignorant to think it was true, or that mean to tell someone that hoping they would take it seriously. But, you never know.

And, it is a fact that there are a lot of things done that are really kind of cruel to the animals to keep the world supplied in food. That certainly is not one of them, though.
While I know this guy is an ass, and do not in a way want him to have an animal EVER! I know his parents, I actually work with his step-dad, and have a great relationship with his mother, I know how he was raised and would hope he was just being his normal ass hat self, trying to rile me up, because he knows I love animals. I asked if he was joking and he said no. I called the 4 H office this morning and asked if this barbaric suggestion was true, they assured me that it was not, and that they would look into this father.

The guy is being a stupid person who thought they had a good “joke”.

4H would not/does not suggest any animal cruelty.

I’ll have to ask you to also step up and put your logic hat on for a moment…. You cannot actually believe that it would make things better or easier to raise an injured animal and HAND FEED it for its entire life? So, an illogical statement spouted off by a known a$$, and you think it could actually be true?
I didn’t figure it was, but wanted to check.

I had a 4-H father tell me the other day that 4H suggests breaking the legs of meat birds so that they don’t move around too much and you just pump the food to them. This is not something that I would ever do, because I want my chickens to have a fantastic life and one bad day. Has anybody else heard this? Or is this just some persons idea of a joke?
As someone who goes to 4h and is passionate about chickens, I dont think he was being serious. If he was he needs mental help. Seriously it is not cool to torture an animal, even if it is just a joke. Maybe we should break his legs so he cant move around! 😡

This is actually concerning to me. I ant stand the thought of chickens being tortured, even if they are meat birds. He was probably joking but someone should definitely do an investigation on him to be safe...

This just reminded me of the time someone on youtube commented on a video saying that they broke the legs of baby ducks to see what the mother would do. I dont know if they were joking or not but it was very disturbing to read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom