I heard a disturbing suggestion from a 4H father, wondering if anyone else has heard it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Feb 5, 2023
I had a 4-H father tell me the other day that 4H suggests breaking the legs of meat birds so that they don’t move around too much and you just pump the food to them. This is not something that I would ever do, because I want my chickens to have a fantastic life and one bad day. Has anybody else heard this? Or is this just some persons idea of a joke?

As someone who was active in her 4H livestock and the brief period of poultry chain 4H will not teach that period. As typically a extension of a agricultural college (at least in my state) any livestock education is trinkled down from the college to the point a head of department can be seen wandering the show barn of their species helping give education or avoiding kids who corrected them (ahem, that may been just me.)

Frankly if this adult is a active 4H leader or volunteer I would talk to the extension officer of their county about this behavior because it's a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Jeff Goldblum What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

No. Just... No. Avoid that guy totally.

I had a 4-H father tell me the other day that 4H suggests breaking the legs of meat birds so that they don’t move around too much and you just pump the food to them. This is not something that I would ever do, because I want my chickens to have a fantastic life and one bad day. Has anybody else heard this? Or is this just some persons idea of a joke?
4H absolutely does not as a community suggest that

What is a 4H father?
4H is a American/Canadian youth program for children 6-18. Originally called corn clubs it started for agricultural communities but has spread throughout the society. Kids often do projects anywhere from robotics, cooking, or what it's most famously known for livestock. FFA is a cousin of 4H but only focused on livestock and have less branches, typically youth state shows and districts are co-hosted by both.

A father saying this in this setting is irresponsible and dangerous as 4H has had scandals in the past in relationship to animal abuse. I know first hand and can tell you which county led to the need of background checks for volunteers, 4H leaders, and even one time guests. :rolleyes:

4H is a American/Canadian youth program for children 6-18. Originally called corn clubs it started for agricultural communities but has spread throughout the society. Kids often do projects anywhere from robotics, cooking, or what it's most famously known for livestock. FFA is a cousin of 4H but only focused on livestock and have less branches, typically youth state shows and districts are co-hosted by both.

A father saying this in this setting is irresponsible and dangerous as 4H has had scandals in the past in relationship to animal abuse. I know first hand and can tell you which county led to the need of background checks for volunteers, 4H leaders, and even one time guests. :rolleyes:
Ohhh...I get it now.
You mean a dad of another kid in the 4H group.
A father of a kid.

Don't listen to that idiot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom