I Heard a peep :-) HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies, Dec 20, 2007.

1. Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies

Flufnstuffs~FluffySilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    I went up stairs in the hall way to check the humidity because tomorrow night is day 21 "FRIDAY"
    The humidity was low so I lifted the lid and added a cup of very warm water
    "AND SOME ONE YELLED AT ME" how cute is that.

I will be sleeping up in the hallway tonight and tomorrow night like I always do when I have a hatch.
    I am going to take a picture of the skinny mattress and show you guys the funny little bedroom I made up there You all would laugh so hard.
    Check back in later today
    When I had hubby make the platform for the Mattress I told him It was going to be for when the grand babies were here and needed a place to take a nap..
    HE HE HE
    My grandson did sleep ther a few times and loved it.
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  2. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    [​IMG] That is cute!
  3. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
  4. jimnjay

jimnjay Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Bryant Alabama
    That is pretty clever Mel. I will have to remember that one. Can't wait to hear about your hatch.

LUVMYCHICKS Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2007
    Baton Rouge. LA
    Good Luck, looks like it's going to be an all-nighter!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  6. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Melanie, are these your own silkies? I can't believe you sell silkie eggs and get sooo excited about your own hatch. I guess the excitement never ends!-Karen
  7. luvzmybabz

luvzmybabz Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2007
    My incubator with chickies due in 2 1/2 days is located well about 2 feet from my bed so when I do the checking in the middle of the night I do not have to go far, and also a good excuse for keeping the room at temp during the winter my hubbie would have the whole house at 60 degrees if I let him, but he knows now to not touch the thermostat with threat of death. I may hatch eggs all winter just to stay warm enough myself. My husband would wake up everyonce in a while and ask what was that sound I say " Just the turner motor and the eggs moving" he then says "oh OK "and turns back over. I can't wait till they start to hatch!!!!
  8. BamaChicken

BamaChicken Orpingtons Bama Style

Nov 14, 2007
    Wow yall are dedicated Mel. I can't wait to see pics.

LUVMYCHICKS Out Of The Brooder

Dec 3, 2007
    Baton Rouge. LA
    luvzmybabz- yes my second incubator for days 18-21, i put by my bed..Sometimes dh doesn't even recognize eggs are in it. He keeps saying to turn the fan on and I tell him that I'm freezing...By the time he insist the fan be on, the babies hatch. Here is a few baby silkies that hatched the other day.........

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by