I heard chirping in the Egg!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by sheilawagner, Dec 14, 2010.

1. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    I have 2 batches of eggs.

4 in the incubator and 5 under a broody hen. I've heard chirping sounds from both batches. They are now due any moment, day 20-21.

Does it mean they'll hatch very very soon? like in the next day or two?

I got SO excited when I heard the sounds, this is the first time I am hatching eggs. LOL. [​IMG] So I'm pretty happy about it.

2. Chickie15

Chickie15 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 4, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    When we hatched our first time we had a VERY noisey little egg! [​IMG] He hatched within a day of when he started cheeping. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Keep us updated!!

3. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    If he's anxious he'll be out and dry by the time you wake up. [​IMG]

4. heathersboers

heathersboers Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    wilson
    mine hatched a day after- theya re hatching now [​IMG] your getting closer!!!!

5. minihorse927

minihorse927 Whipper snapper Premium Member

Nov 3, 2010
    They generally start to hatch within 24 hrs from the first cheeping sounds. I had some on my last batch that started cheeping and within a hour were pipped and out within 2hrs of that!

6. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Yep, it should be any time now! Congratulations!

7. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG] Isn't that just the greatest sound ever?!!! I love it when I hear chirping from an egg .... it is soooo exciting!

Good luck!

8. sheilawagner

sheilawagner Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 16, 2010
    Pacific NorthWest
    Yes it IS SO exciting. My heart goes pitter patter just because I know my egg has a living thing in it. I've never been fortunate enough to be a mother, so I have no mothering experience to know what it feels like when a baby kicks, but I guess hearing my egg cheep is the closest thing I can get to feeling my own baby. [​IMG]

Hatching eggs requires me to practice patience, self control, and keeping optimism, because of all the eggs I set, only some come to the stage when they are cheeping, and now, there are so many moments I feel tempted to open the incubator, but I know better not to. It is really such a fun and rewarding experience. I have waited so long (ok, just 21 days) to get this far.. oh now I can't wait to see what colors they are. (These are not marked for colors). I really hope they will hatch successfully. These will be my miracle chicks because we had a power outage and lost heat to the incubator. If these 4 hatch, I'll be the happiest person around.

9. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    Oh Oh Oh best of luck!!! Let us know how things progress.
    Sooooo exciting!!!
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by