I heard peeps this afternoon..

swheat

The Bantam Barn
14 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Alabama
My Coop
My Coop
I was out feeding the peacocks and I heard peeps coming out from under the half blue barrel(muscovy nest)..So I have more babies
yippiechickie.gif
These will be from black barred girl and dad is blue or white(and quite possibly both..hehehe). I will try to get a pic of them tomorrow if she brings them out. I am not sure how long she will stay on the nest with babies but I would think they will be getting hungry and thirsty by tomorrow. I am hoping to get a blue barred boy to go with my blue bar girl.

Congrats on the babies I hope you got the colors you were hoping for.
smile.png

And where are our pictures?
wink.png

When I got out there this morning she was up and out with all 14 cuties trailing behind her. I think there are a few blue one in the bunch.

7576_dsn0027.jpg

7576_dsn0030.jpg

7576_dsn0031.jpg

It is amazing how they can lay that many eggs, and then hatch all of them in the same day or two isn't it. All of those eggs were hers too !

That says a lot about how old the eggs can be and still develop. Our runner was a sloppy broody and let others lay eggs up to a week after she started setting. She would hatch one or two a day. Your mom deserves kudos.

any of those gonna be for sale, steve? i would still like to have some more solid white ones. looks like there might be a couple in the bunch.

Back
Top Bottom