I HEARD THAT

Rhetorical: And where does this "stuff" come from?
hu.gif

Yes, you can eat every shelled egg that your hens lay. You can eat a soft shell egg (if you can pick it up). Or you can scramble it and feed it back to the hens.

Last edited:
cherrychicken, my question was rhetorical - I wasn't expecting an answer. You are about the 4th or 5th person to ask this question this month! I just wondered (aloud to myself) if someone had just published a new book with this written in it.

I have a friend who blew out the first eggs, washed them, dried them and put them on a shelf in her kitchen. She has a great collection of first eggs from her 65 pullets.

We just took pics and measured the first pullet eggs, put the info into the flock journal and ate the eggs.

Enjoy!

Quote:
I did this too! It was my very very first egg ever! Although I did still scramble the egg and eat it!
big_smile.png

i also did that with the first egg "chickinzie" laid...but the shell was SO thick i had to use a tiny drill bit to drill a hole in it so i could get the stuff out lol.
from wht i have found, a pullet egg has enough "shell" to go around a jumbo egg.

Back
Top Bottom