I hit an all time low tonight.. but am getting better!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bammony, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    My 9 year old left the coop door open tonight and while we were out of town the dogs got into the coop and killed all my chickens. I have been raising chickens for 8 yrs and have had this happen before, but it's really hittin me hard this time. We've had a very hard year this past year and have had to face trials that I never could've imagined existed. I just can't do anymore. I'm so emotionally tired.
    I know we'll never be presented with more than we can handle, but I think someone overestimated me this time. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  2. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    [​IMG] I am so sorry. I wish I could say some magic words to make you feel better. [​IMG]

3. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh my word, I am so sorry for your loss and the times you are going through. [​IMG]

4. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    [​IMG] I'm so sorry! It's okay to take a break for a while. Give yourself some time to just not have to worry about one more thing. Your coop will be there whenever you're ready to get more.
    [​IMG] to your child too.

5. The Chicken People

The Chicken People Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2009
    Smithville, Mo
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i'm so sorry! [​IMG] i don't know what to say except things will get better and you will get through this, even though it may not feel like it now. Anyhow, so very sorry again. [​IMG]

7. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

So sorry Bammony. That's rough.

Imp

8. Louieandthecrew

Louieandthecrew I am actually a female!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm so sorry!

9. Bammony

Bammony Red-dress-less

Aug 15, 2008
    Salina, Utah
    These chickens were more than just chickens to me, they were a source of hope for a small income by selling their hatching eggs. Both myself and my husband (who CAN'T work) are unemployed and together we have custody of our 8 kids. My husband and myself both have ex's that work but neither pay any child support, so spare money is scarce. I'm real worried now. The $20 I could get from eggs isn't a fortune but it kept our lights on. This trial is gonna be a tough one..

I'll try to sell my art and see what happens. Wish me luck, for my family's sake!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  10. Cleebee

Cleebee Out Of The Brooder

Jan 30, 2009
    Aurora, CO
    I'm so sorry Bammony. I understand that feeling of everything being hard and then something like that happens. Sending you hope and miracles.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by