I hit my rooster in the head what do I do

Uhhh...we  don't have government run "euthanasia facilities" that kill millions of unwanted kids or elderly people each year because they are homeless, yet that happens to animals which is WHY there are so many private animal rescues. The TAXPAYER covers the cost of supporting orphaned children, and even covers pregnant women as they carry babies they can't afford to feed.

I don't have a choice regarding where MY tax dollars go but I do have a choice when it comes to donating to charities and I only donate to animal related charities.

And yes.  I definitely consider MY DOGS to be a higher priority than other people's children.

My little baby girl (dog) is conidered higher than every one except my God and me to me! She is my all in all!

Folks, this thread is being reopened as it contains helpful information in dealing with "aggressive" cock birds.

To those of you who supplied helpful and thoughtful feedback, many thanks - I saw several ovations given out for those posts; clearly, they were helpful to a good many members.

To those of you who trolled, flamed, and made unhelpful comments, and to those who quoted these posts - if you find you cannot provide actual FEEDBACK, please just move on.

Whether you agree or disagree with how someone handles their birds, it's not alright to be mean, rude, or bully that person.

I'm late to this, but rehome him? Really? Eat him!

Don't make him someone else's problem. He is your rooster, you should either put him in the freezer or deal with the attacks. It's ill advised to tell you to get rid of him by giving him to someone else. What if that someone else had kids? Kids that got flogged in the face.. I shudder to think.

Last edited:
I'm late to this, but rehome him? Really?  Eat him!

Don't make him someone else's problem. He is your rooster, you should either put him in the freezer or deal with the attacks. It's ill advised to tell you to get rid of him by giving him to someone else. What if that someone else had kids? Kids that got flogged in the face.. I shudder to think.

I agree, assuming OP is not a vegetarian. A mean rooster is definitely not a pet, so would make a much better dinner than member of our flock IMO. Turn the situation into something positive! :)
Trust us, roosters are a dime a dozen. Plenty of free ones looking for homes right now, so you can get a new one! But I agree, he doesn't sound like anything anyone else would want to deal with, unless you can't or won't process him and give him away for someone else to do so.

well i think ive read all this thread! roosters can hurt you! i am spirtkng a peck on my wrist its three weeks old now annd almost healed. he got me right on a blood vesal you know if you were to slit your wrist to commit suicid! blew out the vain left ablood blister/clot the size of half a golf ball. yes a more fluke accident than any thing. this roo has never been abused and is getting more aggersive he leaves tomarrow to his new home! i work to hard to be bitten by the creature im feeding. if he was super aggresive i would be biting him along with maybe some corn on the cob yum yum

I agree, assuming OP is not a vegetarian. A mean rooster is definitely not a pet, so would make a much better dinner than member of our flock IMO. Turn the situation into something positive!
smile.png

Trust us, roosters are a dime a dozen. Plenty of free ones looking for homes right now, so you can get a new one! But I agree, he doesn't sound like anything anyone else would want to deal with, unless you can't or won't process him and give him away for someone else to do so.

The OP states in post #1: "I hit my rooster in the head out of fear because it was chasing me and a started swinging my plastic pole behind me and hit him in the head.at first he started to look like he was having a seisure and was moving the direction he got hit. I went to look at him to see if he was fine but he just limped away and I didn't even hit him in the leg.he has a bloody eye and nose.I checked on him a couple minutes later and he seems to be fine but I'm worried and he is still bleeding I feel really guilty and sry for him"

Now considering the fact that the OP was not injured by the rooster, but injured the rooster due to inexperience, I certainly wouldn't advise this person to get another rooster. With some posts on here you'd think roosters are as dangerous as a mountain lion. Regardless of whether or not the rooster is classified as a "pet" by the individual, means nothing in this situation of reactionary fear that caused the animal to suffer. I can appreciate the OP's concern for this, and did not intentionally harm the rooster, but I would strongly suggest the OP first understand instinctual behavior of chickens, in order to overcome the fear and not make the same mistake, before acquiring another rooster.

Last edited:
on another note i was hired to work a horse several years ago had on jeans and boots to . walking threw the yard on the way to the barn their free range banny roo attack my leg ripped my heavy levis and drew blood they had to geta blanket just to get him off me and lock him up. and yes i was invited over for chicken dinner later

Back
Top Bottom