I installed an automatic chicken door - check it out :)

JLS

Love my feathered babies!
13 Years
May 29, 2009
Maine
My Coop
My Coop
I just installed the Pullet-Shut automatic chicken door in my coop this evening. I also installed a solar panel and rechargable battery to operate it. I did it all by myself too
smile.png
And the best thing is...it works. Check it out at the bottom of my BYC page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=32818

I
am pretty proud of myself
big_smile.png
I just need to touch up the paint around the door now.

Last edited:
VERY nice! Can you get the solar panel and rechargeable battery from the same folks who sell the Pullet Shut auto door?

I may try to retrofit my A-Frame coop which I can't quite figure out how to install the Foy's Electronic Butler (which I do have on my main coop). So I'm looking at all options.

Quote:
If I may ask, how much did you pay for your pullet door? I just purchased 2 openers for my two doors. My husband installed them.They would never work if I did it
gig.gif

BTW, I paid $87 dollars ea. for mine

Jen

looks good
thumbsup.gif

we also recently put in a automatic door and have now got it working. its amazing how much easier life is with out having to rush home each night to shut the girls in

Quote:
No I purchased the 12 watt rechargable battery and 12 watt solar panel from Gander Mountain (found it on the web). It had free shipping and they were fast too. Great customer service!

Quote:
If I may ask, how much did you pay for your pullet door? I just purchased 2 openers for my two doors. My husband installed them.They would never work if I did it
gig.gif

BTW, I paid $87 dollars ea. for mine

Jen

I paid $180 plus $20 for shipping. The whole thing - solar panel, battery, and door took me under an hour. The most difficult thing, if you can call it difficult, was installing the panel. The door was a breeze! I cut the opening to the size it states and then there are 4 screws for the door...that's it! I must say that the customer service was great too. There are 2 numbers in which to call. One number I was able to talk to the owner of the company! Very kind.

Back
Top Bottom