I just bought some eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by equine chick, Feb 27, 2008.

1. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    Okay I just bought some eggs. I got some true americaunas, white americaunas and wheaten marans. A total of 14 eggs will be coming. Tommorow I will start warming up the hovabator.

2. countryboy

countryboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2007
    can we watch? [​IMG]

3. kstaven

kstaven Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    BC, Washington Border
    I really hope the seller did not spell ameraucana as americauna. That is a very common way to say they are EE's.

4. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Quote:That's what I was thinking. I only know of 4-5 people who have real white ameraucanas.

5. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    That's exciting! Where did you buy your eggs from? I've been in search for Ameraucanas.

6. jag

jag Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2007
    Maine
    Good Luck EC!!!! [​IMG]

7. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I got my white americaunas from ebay. I also bought some purebred cochin eggs from the same seller. She was mentioned on another post. She seems like she has really nice chickens and I think the cochins come with a guarantee. They are being shipped out tomorrow or tuesday. Now the marans should get here about the same time from another source. Can I put them together with a few of my own if they are about the same age? I'm so excited and nervous. I just spent over 100.00 on eggs, I have got to be nuts! Please let some of them hatch!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2008
  8. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    If you need any help with temps or humidity remember to ask and we will help.

9. equine chick

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm sure when I get started I will have a lot of questions. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas or a new horse!!!

10. Smitty's Farm

Smitty's Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2007
    St Clair County, Il
    Good Luck on your hatching adventure! When will you receive your hatching eggs? My daughter & I are about to hatch some bantam buff Ameraucana eggs to start my daughter's mixed Banty Ameraucana collection. I can't wait either!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by