I just can't stop crying right now...

I have had birds die too for no apparent reason. They seem well and a little while later I have found them dead. When I have done post-mortem I didn't find anything unusual.
idunno.gif
hu.gif

It's not bucholism. Lots of our birds got it before so now I take crazy precautions. We have two ponds and ones really low... Call me crazy, but I even go down there and " stir " it around! Lol! This bird had trauma though as a baby. His bottom bill was split in two pieces and his tongue hangs down the middle now. I don't know what happened though because we found him.

Have you or someone near you, sprayed or used a poison or fertilizer or other chemical?

Also, there have been numerous times that bad feed is sold and animals have died. I'd agree with first getting rid of the feed and buying a different type from another source. The twisting necks can also be caused from lack of vitamins. Do you feed a lot of treats? Maybe a few doses of Polyvisol, like when a chick is born with wry neck would help.

Maybe you need to take a soil sample to be analyzed.....????

Check for mold or mildew on plants.

Do you have any enemies that would do anything to your animals?

I'm not a vet, but it doesn't sound hereditary given two birds died in relative close time. Secondly, I suspect it was something ingested. I'd scour your pen and perimeter for mushrooms. Mushroom poisoning (mycetism) can manifest in a variety of ways, including paralysis, neurological "ticks" and jerky movements," vomiting, gleet-like symptoms, etc. Old wife tales say animals will avoid poison mushrooms. Fact is, some animals and insects have developed an ability to tolerate ingestion of things that would otherwise drop a person dead.

Its the duck having the twisting of the neck. He has it because when he was a baby something struck him in the head ( I don't know what did, but I bet it was hard ) and his bottom bill broke in two pieces and his tongue hangs down the middle down. I think that's why he has these " Seizures"....?

Once the chickens were sick I bought a be bag of feed. Wouldn't my others be affected??

Back
Top Bottom